Forms and Petitions

Forms and Petitions

The criteria contained for most CBS petitions are representative of requirements pertaining to the UC Davis Academic Senate Regulations, and can be found in the UC Davis General Catalog. Questions about course substitutions in your major should be directed to your major advisor.

Some petitions and forms may be downloaded, but others are only available for on-line submission on OASIS. Paper forms or petitions may be submitted in person or via email. If you submit the forms via email please note the following:

  • Please scan and attach any required documentation pertaining to the form.
  • We can receive online forms only from your UC Davis email address.
  • An email from your UC Davis email address serves as an electronic signature.
  • Forms and petitions will be processed within three to five business days upon receipt.
  • You will be notified via email to your UC Davis address when the form or petition has been processed.

Late Change to P/NP

Late Change to P/NP:

Meet with a BASC advisor. To change the grading option for a course after the 25th day of instruction deadline, please schedule an appointment to meet with a BASC advisor regarding your request.  If your request is approved, your advisor will forward the online Late Change to P/NP petition for you to complete and submit. 

If you are attempting to switch sections of the same course after the add/drop deadline, but on or before the last day of instruction, submit an Undergraduate Course Change form.

  1. Obtain instructor permission/signature for the course you are attempting to switch enrollment.
  2. Submit the completed form to the Office of the University Registrar.
  3. A $3.00 late schedule adjustment fee will be assessed to your account.

Do not attempt to add the desired course with a PTA number after the drop deadline. If you add the course with a PTA number after the drop deadline, you will not be able to drop the old section. Should you add the new section with a PTA number after the drop deadline, contact the Office of the University Registrar to request the drop of the old course section. You will not need to fill out the Late Drop or Change to P/NP Petition.

Request for Reciprocity Verification

Download form

If you are transferring to another UC, and have completed your general education program (excluding the upper division writing requirement), use this form to waive the general education requirements at the new campus. If you have completed GE at UCD, the other UC will honor the accomplishment.

Petition for Simultaneous Enrollment

Download form

Use this petition to enroll simultaneously at UC Davis and another institution.

NOTE: students must request approval of this petition before you enroll in the course at the other institution. If you complete coursework at another institution without prior permission, this petition will not be approved and you will NOT receive credit.

Change of Major

Click here for more information about the process to change your major and guidelines.