Bachelor's Degree Requirements
The My Degree advising tool allows students to understand their degree requirements, track their progress towards degree completion, and explore alternative and/or additional fields of study. My Degree creates a custom audit for each student to serve as a road map for academic success. To earn your diploma, all the following degree requirements will need to be met. Please consult with your BASC advisor if you have any questions.
- Entry Level Writing Requirement
- American History and Institutions Requirement
- Unit Requirements
- Residence Requirements
- Scholarship Requirement
- General Education (GE) Requirements
- Unit Requirements
- No more than 225 units (excluding Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate exams)
- At least 64 upper division units
Please note: There are unit limits on many non-course or non-standard activities: Physical activity courses (PHE 1 and 6), Passed/Not Passed graded units, research units, internship units and other non-standard courses.Please note that there are unit credit limitations
All courses used to satisfy major requirements must be taken on a letter-graded basis, unless courses are only offered on a Passed/Not Passed basis.
The English Composition requirement may be satisfied in one of two ways:
1. Completing 8 units, to include 4 upper division units, in English composition courses with at least a C- or Passed grade from the following list: Comparative Literature 1, 2, 3, 4, English 3, Native American Studies 5, University Writing Program 1, 18, 19, 101, 102 series, or 104 series.
2. Passing the English Composition Examination, administered by the University Writing Program, upon completion of 70 units of degree credit. This examination does not yield credit. Students interested in entering the health science field should check with the Health Professions Advising office or the Biology Academic Success Center before choosing this option.
- Successfully complete all courses required for your major.
- Achieve a minimum of 2.000 GPA in all major-required courses.
- Achieve a minimum of 2.000 GPA in all major depth subject matter courses.
Reminder: Complete all courses in the major for a letter grade unless the course is offered only on a Passed/Not Passed basis.